Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Shake It Off

Last night I experienced my first earthquake! Well, actually I should amend that to the first earthquake that I was awake for~ I slept through the previous two. The only way I can think to describe it is as when one gets playfully pushed from behind by a friend. You know the feeling, right? You're walking down the street, probably listening to your iPod when bam! your friend sneak attacks you in front of ABP, stunning you awake. So imagine that- only that the friend was able to jolt not only you, but also the floor, the table, and what I assume was the whole house since my host mother (who was in the kitchen) gave a yell of surprise. It was wicked fun. My host mother laughed at me when I danced around going "初めて地震” (that is, "first earthquake") but I think the event merited some sort of marker.

That's enough from me for now though, tomorrow is the midterm exam... the 3 hour midterm exam.... the 3 hour midterm exam that I have only studied for while watching Grey's Anatomy and The Mummy.... right. It shouldn't be anything I haven't already studied, but it's quite a bit of kanji- most of it pertaining to the likes of bathhouses and dragons and evil witches (we studied Spirited Away in depth), so I should make sure I have a good grasp of everything that will be covered. Peace.

0 comments: