Friday, January 9, 2009

Learn To Fly

Another good pointer... don't miss your flight!!! Actually, I would like to point out that I was totally on time, BUT thanks to the disorganized folks at United I didn't get to "talk a representative" until it was six minutes too late to check my luggage in. I technically could have got on the flight, but I just wasn't mentally prepared to give up my peanut butter and shoes. Note to self for tomorrow, arrive 90 (instead of 60) minutes early.

Apparently when you have a one-way ticket to Japan, the computers flag it and block self check-in. With a little wave of a student visa to the airline reps, the problem goes away. On the plus side, I have a direct flight out of Chicago now and get to chill in a king size bed for the night. I mean, if you're going to cram and do the last of your winter break homework, you might as well do it in style, right?

0 comments: