Monday, June 9, 2008

IKEMEN Boogie Nights

Today sees my last night at Yale... I had stayed on an extra week and a half to work reunion events as a bartender. Though my original intention was obviously to earn a few extra bucks for the summer, I ended up getting so much more out of the experience. Seeing all the different reunion years from the class of 1943 Whiffenpoofs --who were able to dazzle us with their singing skills even after a few drinks of scotch on the rocks-- to the crazy good dancers of the class of 1963 who did after all grow up with the Beatles, it was a pretty perfect ending to my "bright college years." I'm terribly sad to leave and hence the sappy music borrowed from Hana Kimi that I listened to as I walked around campus after making one last stop at Koffee2 (now the Publick Cup). As if this were all a big movie set, right on cue it started to rain as I passed by the side of Dwight Hall that has 2008 engraved on it. Bittersweet sadness aside, I leave resolved to make the most of my education and look forward to Japan and the summer!

But enough of this sappy stuff. Here's what you really wanted to know from my adventures as a Yale bartender--

Margarita Recipe from Chilpancingo
(a great Mexican restaurant in Chicago that unfortunately closed)

2 cups fresh squeezed lime juice
3 cups water and 14 tbs sugar – makes the sugar syrup

-Prepare:
2 cups fresh squeezed lime juice
3 cups water and 14 tbs sugar
-Combine the sugar syrup and lime juice to make the limeade
-Mix:
2 jiggers herradura tequila
4.5 jiggers limeade
1 jigger cointreau
-Voila! Two delicious Margaritas!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

they changed the name of Koffee2?? This is an outrage!! :(

I'll be using your recipe soon :) Miss you lots