Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hollaback Girl

I like bananas. Since high school, I've been eating a banana a day (or more if I can). Happily, it's one of the few foods I've have not had to give up since I've come to Japan as they are readily available in stores. ... or are they?

Apparently there's been a run on bananas because of a new fad diet. I didn't really notice until about a week ago when I went grocery shopping. I decided to go to the pharmacy first and then get food on the way back. As I walked by the supermarket, I was glad to see a fresh stock being put out. Mmm bananas. I finished up at the pharmacy, came back to the supermarket only ... say what? They were gone. ALL OF THEM.*anguished cry* Why?!

I wasn't about to take that risk again, so today when I went to the supermarket I bought two packs of bananas.... for a total of 8 bananas.... to be consumed at my leisure... possibly with peanut butter and/or honey.

2 comments:

gfox said...

my 75 year old aunt is like obsessed with the banana diet. except she says that it's boring, so she eats a banana and then ends up eating an entire meal after that. thus, it isn't working.

WHERE DO YOU FIND PEANUT BUTTER? and i don't mean pinatsu butter.

gfox said...

THIS SHIT IS BANANAS.